View Single Post
Old 07-31-16, 11:25 PM   #22
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
To the best of my knowledge , there are no DCFC sites in our area , unless the Nissan dealer has one .

Wifey came home last night and tried to plug the Leaf in & start charging . Could not get it to work . Turned stuff off & on , no luck . I noticed the car lites were still on .

She messed with it and discovered she had not turned the car off . After that , I cycled the EVSE & plugged in the car . Got it to charge , then .

Is this normal ? For the car not to respond to the EVSE , if the car is on and in Park ?

God bless
Wyr
Yes, it happens, and is normal for the Nissan Leaf. I had that happen ONLY a couple of times in the last couple years.

Some things I really like about the car is that you can push the power on/off on the dash and it puts the car in park for you.

Another is the timer feature for charging the car. That took some getting used to. When you have the timer feature turned on, the car will charge at a set time either to the 80% or 100%. However, if you plug it in and want it charged now, you have to depress a switch on the dash to temporarily disable the timer feature and it will charge. Otherwise you will watch the dash board charging indicators cycle from right to left.

I have 64,000 miles on mine. We are spoiled in the Seattle area with DCFC stations. I can travel from Seattle to Vancouver, Canada and down to Portland, OR. and it was nice when it was free charging.
Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote