View Single Post
Old 06-12-18, 09:36 AM   #3
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I am from PA and no way would you find cars this old in this good shape up there.
Junk yards in PA have rusted out cars with good motors here we have great bodies with bad motors and transmissions.

We have been slowly moving forward.
The compression checked out good.
Reverse was very bad it would not move in reverse and second gear has issues (this is related). It had code P0732 Gear 2 incorrect Ratio.
I ordered and installed a rebuilt valve body from central valve bodies. The input and output transmission nuts needed tightened. We now have reverse and no codes.

I need to get a plate to take it on the road to take it through all the gears. (soon)

Both side mirrors were hacked with screws I ordered two new mirrors they were on sale so I got a good deal we will just leave them black.

New trans mount and top motor mount they were so bad.

We rebuilt both dog bone motor mounts Prothane 7-510 kits. Seen in red in this picture.

The oil sensor and knock sensor had both wires broken a I solder in splice wire with heat shrink that is fixed.
New back brake wheel cylinders rebuilt front calibers and master cylinder flushed brake fluid.
New transmission fluid/filter new motor synthetic oil/filter.

New tires Walmart opened CC card got $25 off 4 tires under $200 mounted and balanced. 45K miles with good reviews.

New coolant (ECTS) sensor installed

The drivers door window would not wind down. Windows regulator handle gear was stripped.
The driver’s door is apart and we are installing a new windows regulator in the driver’s door. To do this you have to take door skin off and the inside panel off. The outside panel just unbolts.

It is running without codes so far. It seems to have bad valve seals. after it sits you get a small amount of smoke when it first starts up. Idle is great we want to get it out on the road to do more testing.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 06-12-18 at 10:22 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (06-16-18)