View Single Post
Old 11-22-16, 02:29 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default August smart lock

I finally picked one of these up. For those who don't know, the August smart lock is a retro-fit for your existing deadbolt lock. The lock connects to your phone via bluetooth and unlocks the door for you so you don't have to bother using your key. Its pretty much like a smart key for a car. That is actually where the want for this item came from for me. My Prius has a smart key and I absolutely love it. Its nearly as close to not using a key as you can get.

When the August lock came out, the initial reviews said that it didn't work flawlessly and sometimes was downright aggravating. However, when it was working properly, it was absolutely wonderful. Since that time, August has rolled out a 2nd generation of their smart lock and that is what I have picked up. They've also added an additional adapter that connect the lock to your wifi so you can see when your door is locked or unlocked and control it remotely with your smart phone from anywhere you have internet access. I do not have that adapter (yet). We'll see how this thing works first. They also have other adapters for an outdoor key pad, and doorbell video camera.

This is what the package looks like and what you get in it. Not really all that much.

The lock is about 3" in diameter.

Here is the lock and the mounting plate for it.

This is the mounting plate and some of the adapters for the door lock shaft.

I'll be installing the lock within the next few days. I'll update the thread with new info as it comes.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (11-22-16)