View Single Post
Old 01-15-14, 02:27 AM   #14
Exeric
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I'm realizing that I'm not communicating very well my problem with where the homerun cable exits the roof. I'm sure there is a standard solution out there because everyone with PV on their roof and the power connecting first at/near the house main CB panel would require it.

There has to be one of the following two solutions:

1.A roof flashing for this purpose that is rainproof and lets bare cable exit the roof. In this case the cable would have to be UV resistant. If people use this solution then what is the flashing they use and what type of sheathed cable is UV resistant?

2.A rainproof flashing similar to above that has a connection to attach a conduit of some sort. The conduit would then attach between this flashing and the PV central box right at the parallel distribution point of the PV panels.

EDIT:
Just found a solution and it will work far better than what I was thinking of. It is a flashed pass-through box that will allow me to terminate the homerun cable right at the box and lets me connect wiring from the panels at a later date. Much easier for me than putting in cable in one piece and trying to adjust the length later, not to mention cutting conduit with wiring inside and managing not to nick the wires. That would be almost impossible.

http://webosolar.com/store/en/boxes-...e-0786-3r.html

Last edited by Exeric; 01-15-14 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: Found a solution
Exeric is offline   Reply With Quote