View Single Post
Old 04-03-13, 07:52 PM   #1
David
David

Default Cold ground water

Hello,

I have often looked at this forum and have found it to be very interesting and informative. I have not posted previously. This is my first post.

I am interested in energy efficient cooling .

I have a 25 metre bore (well) in my garden . It was drilled originally when temperatures in my area began to sore breaking many records ... this was the start of a 'drought' of 10 yrs approx. Australia is ' a land of droughts and flooding plaines " .

The bore was a financial disaster. Rather than providing water that would save my garden and in particular my 80yr old Golden Elm it proved almost as salty as the sea with high iron content. Whereas my neighbour's bore immediately opposite is beautiful clean water. Different aquifer it seems.

Coming to the point.The water from my bore is extremely cold. I was proposing to run a hose to my home with several connection points each servicing different areas eg bed room/s , lounge and kitchen etc

At each point I intend to run this cool/cold water through a coils of black poly pipe . I then contemplate using a solar powered fan to blow through these coils and into each of these sectors previously described. The water could then return from whence it came.

Has anyone done this ? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this idea may be realized.

Kind regards
David

David is offline   Reply With Quote