View Single Post
Old 01-17-19, 09:36 AM   #72
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I don’t really have good numbers my TED (The energy detective) has not been acting correctly.
I have two other gateways for it but they were at my lake place. I just picked them up from there.
I hope to test them out this weekend and get a good one up and running. It is showing Realtime usage but the totals don’t look right.
I was comparing power bills but the dryer can really mess up the numbers.

I can tell you that stage one can handle to about 35-36 degrees outside below that stage two kicks in.

The lowest outside temp has been about 25 so far.
I really like how constant the temp is in the house.
My wife would heat us out of the living room so she is getting use to a more normal temp controlled whole house.

It has gotten louder maybe because we are using stage one more? I can hear it now it is now loud just in the living room you can tell it is running. In the master bedroom you can not hear it at all. Only in the living room.

I have a couple of insulation projects I need to do to try to keep stage on running longer.
One door I need to replace the door threshold and another door I need to replace the rubber part of the door threshold.
I have the stuff to do it but I have been waiting for a warm day to do it.
I am going to build an attic door insulation box to help keep the cold air up there.
I used my thermal imaging camera to identify some bad spots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote