View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 07:23 PM   #85
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Gasstingy
Like you our winter power usages balloon. In the depth off winter with wind and cold our heat pump operates almost non stop. That in itself would account for 35kw alone. If we received a full sunny day the placarded production of PV would be about 60 kw. So that would provide a net gain so some portion of charge would be gained to use the next day. As you maybe aware we have solar hot water heating that is quite effective so we may have one days heat plus a full battery for the following day. It’s going to really depend on conditions

Just like my electric truck project it’s all an educated guess as to how far you can go. Add more batteries or in the home situation more solar or maybe for my local, wind

My first brush with the calculations the system will make a huge reduction in the cost of electrical energy. So far my journey to reduce my energy costs have proved very effective. The heat pumps have reduced costs by almost half and now driving electric vehicles another sizable reduction in energy expenditures

Let’s wait and see what the next few months will teach me

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote