View Single Post
Old 12-20-14, 07:25 AM   #68
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
'Game we can

From the article:
"The Institute for Energy Research, in its latest report, predicts more than 72 gigawatts of "electrical generating capacity" are going offline. “To put 72 GW in perspective, that is enough electrical generation capacity to reliably power 44.7 million homes – or every home in every state west of the Mississippi River, excluding Texas,” IER report says."

When the power goes out, just play along or make it look like you are effected too.
Or why I never listen to Fox.
The planet has to support life for the next billion years or so, the WHO has reports showing the health consequences and costs of coal pollution, the greatest polluter in the world, by the way. Acid rain has left lakes barren of fish. How do you put a price on that degree of environmental damage? You don't, that affects every living thing on this planet.
The coal industry has been getting away with pollution for decades, now that alternates are making a dent in power the coal industries lobbies don't have the clout they once had. They could have employed scrubbers on their stacks but they chose to pay fines because some bean counter told them it was the cheapest solution.
I have no sympathy for the coal industry. Massey has devastated West Virginia, I' m not crying to see them faultier, it makes more room for clean energy.
Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote