View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 06:52 PM   #15
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

so a lot of this will depend on how much I end up making off of my current house hopefully 50-75k but I'm expecting 50. so if that come around I will be paying for some of this expensive stuff with cash. I have access to heavy machinery and people in almost all trades.I myself am a "jack of all trades". I have a lot of friends and family that are willing to help(we will see how that goes). But for example the electrition that I have lined up said he would come in and help my lay out the outlets and switches and also what gauge wire to run where. Then i would do that work myself and have him come back to finish the details and sign "the papers " or what ever is involved with inspections. so that in its self will save $$ I've also worked out a similar deal with the hvac guy. Well thats the plan anyway.

as far as time frame? not sure. depends on how many people actually help lol

but without actually talking to warm board yet ive seen what people are paying for a panel online and it seems to be 190ish dollars. i would need 53 panels i believe. plus 1600 or so feet of pex al pex for the main floor and about 1600 or so for the slab in the basement and probably something similar for the 2000sqft garage. the garage will not have electric or anything in the beginning. just a pad doors and a roof/siding.

also I'm going to find out what the minimum requirement is for actually living in the house. for example, do all three bathrooms need to be finished? if not ill just finish the master bath since it will be myself and the girlfriend living there. obviously the rough plumbing would be in for the other two bathrooms. basically get into the house and finish it over time. we have worked out the financial end of things once we are in the house. so i feel like we have a good direction to head in.
Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote