View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 11:59 PM   #23
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

I am in port alberni(not my home town haha) as you know we get a few more 'feet' of rain then most places on the middle island, Bamfield, Tofino. ucluelet, Tashis excluded as i feel those destinations are just as wet, the wet coast instead of the West Coast.

Being Grid tied really does make sense with a large PV array, It would save all the battery storage and allow a pay back of the PV investment- that is really great- and give power during the unproductive weather.

I need to rethink my ideas, now's the time to do it before i spend a dime or waste to many hours planning a sinking ship.

I am planning to build on the Mainland, lower Southern B.C before the Okanagan but not in the mountains, lower somewhere off the highway 1 hrs drive or so to the next town is what i am looking for.
I still have do i few things to my current house before i can sell it.
Next year summer its going on the market. I have to install a shower downstairs and some oak kitchen cabinets i was just giving, for the downstairs soon to be Rental suit.
For the next owners as its zoned Duplex.
It needs a new roof on it, if i want to get top $ for it.

The cost for me to do the roof (put a 2nd layer over top) is about $500.
I was a roofer for a couple years doing all types of roofs, University buildings, 30,000 sq.ft churches to two story houses.

Last edited by ecomodded; 10-30-12 at 02:43 AM..
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote