View Single Post
Old 09-24-10, 09:10 AM   #2
Higgy
The Gardener

Cause people are lazy and don't like change. Especially if it's something hard. It has to be easy or they won't do it. For example...and I'm going pretty extreme on this one but you'll get my drift...99.9% of people aren't willing to take a car and retrofit it with something that will turn it into a hydro/electric/whatever type of efficient car. Not even if it's a simple fix to your existing vehicle. They want the car to already be set up as electric, they want it to be cheap, they want it to run in the weather conditions they live in, and they want it to be able to drive just as far as their old vehicle. If they don't get these things, they don't care. They'll just purchase another gas vehicle. It's almost the same reason I didn't buy a hybrid last time. The weather we have isn't that great on the battery life. They need to test these cars in Canada where they can test the batteries on our brutally cold weather. Also I need something that will fit my kids and have enough trunk space for groceries and the hybrid's were just a bit too tight.

In order for us to change, the big corporations need to change first. Without them changing for the better, things will go on the same way. They're finally starting to change, but it's always small changes at a time. Like Nissan and the Leaf. I think Nissan is one of the company's that are really doing a good job at pushing the more efficient cars out there. Even their commercials now are pushing you to buy the Leaf and get away from the fuel sucking cars we buy now. I think if Nissan can pull it off, they'll be the new leaders in the car business.

That's my opinion anyway. And that's from me listening to people in my company and my family talk about their opinions on it.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote