View Single Post
Old 04-04-09, 04:35 PM   #14
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

I thought A/C was for old people and people who couldn't build good houses.

I just checked my last bill and I was mistaken, it wasn't 95kwh it was 115kwh for the month for 3 people, it helps not having a TV and the only computer is my Asus EEE, if we are all home at once at night we might have as much as 50 watts worth of lights on if the house is completely lit up beyond reason, but we do cook a fair amount on the electric stove and drink alot of tea out of the electric tea pot and have a chest freezer full of food, so it's not like we are living in an empty house.
I live in Wisconsin in a house built in the 1920's, the house has two meters, as it's split up as a duplex, the natural gas furnace or the water heater is metered to my co-homeowners half so I just toss money at them for part of the heating needs, so not compleatly fair but it's how my bill shows up.
I have my electric car as of last week, so it will be interesting to see how much that adds, I'm guessing it will add another, 80-100kwh per month, my Honda Civic is at my parents (4 miles away) where I can pick it up if I need to head out of town or haul lumber or pull a trailer.

Last edited by Ryland; 04-04-09 at 04:41 PM..
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote