View Single Post
Old 07-30-15, 01:14 PM   #25
dablack
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcam84 View Post
Nice looking attic dablack. I assume that's a temporary breaker panel being in the attic and quite far from an exterior wall.
HA! I guess it is a breaker panel of sorts.....

That is for water, not electricity. It is a pex manifold. It has individual valves for all the different lines. Hot and cold water comes in and then goes out the individual lines to the shower, sinks, etc.

I designed the house so the two bathrooms were back to back and they were also right above the kitchen. This really simplified the plumbing to a very limited part of the house. So, from the south west corner of the house, I have one water line come in and go up to the water heater in the attic. From the water heater, it goes to the pex manifold about 2' away. Then the hot and/or cold water is run to the individual uses with the pex line. Basically, it didn't take long at all to plumb the supply side of this house. I bought 250' of red pex and 250' of blue pex. I still have tons of it left.

In a similar fashion, I have the actual breaker box in the very middle of the north wall. With large 2' tall floor trusses between the floor, running all the electricity didn't take long either. It is a huge house and I used way less than the average wire use to wire the place. A little thought goes a long way.

have a good one,
Austin
dablack is offline   Reply With Quote