View Single Post
Old 01-21-14, 09:55 AM   #27
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

I agree with you servicetech, that site i linked to is in the business of LED's as such being salesmen they are not trust worthy..
So I have been looking at LED lumen per watt in current bulbs for sale and then ones i noticed and currently for sale were 80 -84 lumen per Watt.

I happened upon some good news for LED technology / our future.

And our future is near !
from 1 year ago:

February 13, 2013
Cree Sets New R&D Performance Record with 276 Lumen-Per-Watt Power LED

Cree Sets New R&D Performance Record with 276 Lumen-Per-Watt Power LED
Extends Leadership with Highest-Efficacy Power LED
DURHAM, NC -- Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) delivers another industry first with a barrier-breaking 276 lumen-per-watt white R&D power LED. This significant milestone exceeds Cree’s previous R&D industry record of 254 lumens per watt and demonstrates Cree’s continued commitment to innovate and accelerate the adoption of LED lighting.

Cree’s innovative SC³ Technology™ Platform, available today in Cree XLamp® LEDs, enables this record-breaking R&D result. The SC³ Technology Platform features advancements in LED chip architecture and phosphor and boasts a new package design to deliver the most advanced LED components in the industry.

Cree reports that the LED efficacy was measured at 276 lumens per watt, at a correlated color temperature of 4401 K and 350 mA.

“The core of the Cree R&D culture is a relentless focus on innovation that ultimately drives LED adoption,” said John Edmond, Cree co-founder and director of advanced optoelectronics. “The innovation from our labs is the foundation for our lighting-class XLamp LEDs. Higher-performance LEDs can enable new and better LED-based applications and drive down the solution cost of LED designs.”

more:
Cree News: Cree Sets New R&D Performance Record with 276 Lumen-Per-Watt Power LED
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote