View Single Post
Old 04-12-18, 12:53 AM   #18
u3b3rg33k
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Interesting. I saw someone on here had a window shaker heat pump (WSHP? oh well that term is taken) with dual fan motors, and i was quite jealous. that would be so easy to modify for <32F use. I had to search hard to find the one I found - I barely knew they existed. Mine has electronic control, but sadly no defrost logic. once the outside air hits 40F, it switches to strips only (what a waste!).

my unit is a cap tube, so I'd like to leave the refrigerant system sealed - and it appears to have an accumulator on it? (large volume cylinder that doesn't look like a dryer attached to the compressor outlet)

my defrost board is a single pole relay - I'm still debating how to hook it up. I'll probably switch over to 24VAC controls, so that I can run it off a regular thermostat (wouldn't wireless control of a hacked heat pump be fun?).
I like the idea of being able to use the aux heat that's built in (at least to have it available), but to run that on defrost means i must move enough air to keep things from overheating.
u3b3rg33k is offline   Reply With Quote