Old 11-12-15, 10:19 PM   #14
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Progress pics:
Name:  IMAG0058.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  359.6 KB
This is how much wall you can fill with one bundle of 23" wide batts.
Name:  IMAG0059.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  481.0 KB
Since the rmax and pink panther has gone in, my buddy is now convinced that doing the underside of the roof is a worthwhile investment. The sealing and foam board made the air still inside the building, the fiberglass batts made it silent in there. While we were fitting and stapling up batts, the difference was immediately noticeable. With the batt in your hands, road noise and birds and dogs could be heard through the wall. Once the batt was stuffed in position, 99 percent of those sounds went away.

I am not overly concerning myself with sealing all the seams in between the batts and studs. If some water finds its way into the wall cavity, there are some nooks and crannies here and there so it can find its way out. Lowe's has a sale going on right now for 10 bucks off per bundle of the pink ecotouch batts, no matter what width you buy. He loaded up and bought 6 bags. If we have extra, we can always take them back later. Don't know how long the sale is going on, but he saved 60 this time. If he had studs on 16 inch centers he would have saved even more, closer to 90 dollars.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
Daox (11-13-15)