View Single Post
Old 12-09-14, 09:01 AM   #6
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
I want it for BB but no one seems to care about making things for this platform.

Why doesn't someone make an app for BB so that iphone and android stuff will work on it.
BlackBerry has been drowning in a sea of android for a few years now. I had bb phones and loved them for years. But since around 2008, their devices have not kept up with the functionality of either apple or android - OS devices.

The release of the Iphone and its "smart" functionality set a series of events into motion. The cell phone that included more than PDA functionality became real. But when Google entered the mobile market, the landscape changed. BB and moto both held onto their old ways of life for a short while to see if the new OS was a passing fad. Neither one believed a cell phone could (or should) have functionality rivaling that of a PC.

Whenever moto changed their path and let Google into the circle, a new reality quickly emerged. Many other OEMs fell into formation behind the android OS, and the assemblage reached critical mass. Blackberry was in denial of the potential, and clung to its old business model. The resulting market explosion has driven BB and their OS to the fringe of extinction. I'm not confident they will ever recover.

Last edited by jeff5may; 12-09-14 at 09:48 AM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote