View Single Post
Old 08-04-15, 09:11 PM   #5
vskid3
Lurking Renovator

Liquid Roof looks awesome, I'll have to look into that more this fall when its cool enough for me to even consider standing on the roof for a couple hours. My roof is in pretty good shape, but it would be nice to know that its for sure sealed.

Are you sure about the stock AC being overkill? Mine runs for probably 6-7 hours straight during the heat of the day trying to keep the temp at 76F. Even then, it can creep into the low 80s inside if its a particularly hot day. This is with Reflectix in all the windows. I would definitely look into replacing the rooftop AC with a mini split if mine ever dies. I've read that RV AC's BTUs are overrated and mini splits are usually underrated, so a 10-12k mini split would be plenty. Would also be much better than resistance heating or the propane furnace during the winter.

I've actually done a couple mods recently. Got a dryer (I know, a step in the wrong direction efficiency-wise) and made a window vent for it so now we don't need a big drying rack up all the time to keep up with laundry. I'll try out an indoor vent during the winter to see if I can save some of the heat without turning the trailer into a rain forest. I replaced the slide style thermostat with a battery powered digital one. Temperatures are much more consistent, I would highly recommend doing this. Also replaced the shallow two basin kitchen sink with a deeper, single basin stainless steel model. Dishes are easier to wash and to let pile up between washings.
vskid3 is offline   Reply With Quote