View Single Post
Old 10-21-16, 12:16 PM   #53
Roostre
EcoLearner

So, I hope this doesn't disappoint you guys too much, but after about 60 hours of research, 30-40 qoutes, deliberation, etc. I decided not to use Enphase microinverters. (Nor ABB 250s which were only $84 each)

To get my price/watt down as low as possible it turns out that the SolarEdge with power optimizers has a slight cost advantage and I could see no downside other than a future inverter failure would be more expensive when the time comes.

Using Solaredges Design Tool software was something that works great. I only wish I had found it earlier in my research. Hopefully someone will stumble across this thread and find it useful in the future. It did validate my hours of hand calculating.

Solaredge has a huge market share, free 25 year monitoring. The power optimizers allow similar control, monitoring and troubleshooting capability as the microinverters. It's like a hybrid of the string inverter and a microinverter.

28 panels and the associated hardware is on the way!! Thanks for all your encouragement and input.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote