View Single Post
Old 09-03-16, 12:27 PM   #258
Just One More
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
Gree 9,000 BTU 27 SEER Terra Ductless Heat Pump Air Conditioner System
LG 21,000 BTU 21 SEER Ductless Dual Zone Heat Pump System 9,000+12,000
This is a wonderfully useful thread. Is it a forum sticky?

Moving on.

I bought and installed the Gree Terra 24,000 btu 21 SEER about 2 years ago, using an HVAC professional to install the lines. It has run continuously during that time, only being shut off for filter cleaning. It maintains a very even temperature distribution for the lower floor (about 1100 sq ft).

This summer I bought a Sennville 12,000 btu for the upstairs bedroom, replacing the old one ton window unit. Part of the deal was I had to remove the old ac ducting from the attics so my wife could have more storage room. "Offer accepted, Thank you, dear!" The entire install was done by me with an HVAC pro only being used to release the R410A after I had vacuumed the system. This bedroom was exposed to direct south and west sun and winter winds making it a barely comfortable room previously. Those days are now gone.

Two months ago I bought two 27 SEER Gree 9,000 btu units. I expect to install them this month for the downstairs bedrooms. Though I am comfortable releasing the freon for these installations, I probably will spend the money for the HVAC guy to open the valves that release the refrigerant (for the sake of the 5/7 year warranty). He loves it, spending about an hour double-checking things and performing initial start-up and testing of the unit, (even watching operatlng line pressures) before filling out the warranty form and invoice.

One note of caution since I have not seen it mentioned. If you do not have a tool to scan the wall for electric cables, carefully drill the inside wall hole and stop. Before continuing on, carefully separate the insulation to check for any electric cables that may be hidden from view. Not doing this may ruin your day and even your life! If no cable is present you may continue on with drilling the outside hole, making it even with or a little lower than the inside hole.

Thanks again for the OP making this thread!

Last edited by Just One More; 09-04-16 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: lost /quote tag
Just One More is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just One More For This Useful Post:
stevehull (09-03-16), Xringer (09-03-16)