View Single Post
Old 04-12-09, 08:59 PM   #15
metroschultz
nail bender

Send a message via AIM to metroschultz

What is truly horrible is that in this city we are not allowed to have "Grey" water systems. With my wife and daughter and grandson here (plus the influx of people on the weekends) I would love to be able to make a grey water system for the toilets (like Ben's). I wouldn't need to wait for the toilet so I could wash clothes. I would be adding fresh water for the toilets.
All the water in the home has to be clean and clear, either city water or purified ground water ( for the few homes left with wells and pumps).
They allow the thermal systems because some developers lobbied for and exemption. The same developers that built this neighborhood and several others.
I believe they had some deal with the heat pump guys to get it going.
Maybe it was all with the best intentions to start.
I will give them credit for one thing though.
My neighbors with the pump and dump systems pay only a fraction of what I do for A/C in the summer.
I have 1500 sq ft and pay $200. for electric in June, July, August and Sept.
My closest neighbor with the system has 3400 sq ft and pays half that.
He is waiting for his backyard to collapse.
The house next to his went sinkhole last year and it cost them dearly. Don't ask, I don't know all the details but it has something to do with the insurance or lack of it or not enough coverage or .....whatever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
metroschultz is offline   Reply With Quote