View Single Post
Old 04-16-18, 06:26 PM   #6
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I like the esmart3. Looks like a good mppt controller. I have ordered some for testing myself. So will get back to you on that. Certainly the price is right. And you can get a wifi module for it.

But can I ask a few questions?

You overpay by 30% on your solar panels. And you skimp on the solar controller and inverter.

Panels:

You can buy solid, dependable, reliable solar panels for .70-.80/w almost anywhere now. Panels with a 25 year warranty.

And yet you pay 1.15/w for panels with an interesting history of not lasting that long. See the reviews on ebay and amzn.

Your inverter. Well. There are lots of cheap chinese inverters. Some of them are really good. Quick way to tell is to look at idle draw. The regular idle draw. Not the "standby" idle draw.

According to the mfct website No Load Current Draw < 0.8A. For 48v that would be less than 38w. It can't be that high. I would expect something around 9 or 10. The .8 must be for the 12v. In which case it would be around 10w. Bog standard these days really.

THD. is < 3%. That's pretty good.

I would take the money I saved on the solar panels and get better batteries. But you've probably read my lithium post. So ...

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote