View Single Post
Old 09-26-17, 02:53 PM   #48
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Basically, the one pipe unit will be more linear than the graph posted. The heat pump COP will follow indoor air temperature, period. It is going to spit out very close to the same temperature hot and cold air at a predictable difference in temperature. The system COP will follow outdoor air temperature minus exhaust air temperature.
This answers my previous posts COP question

I see why now , remember reading that they measure COP in heat pumps by the inlet and outlet temps / indoor heat gain vs outdoor air temps.

So this units COP *should* be a accurate representation of its efficiency at around 7*c / 44*f or there about like with the outdoor splits COP measurement

That makes sense or the Btu numbers are next to useless / a advertising stunt.

It might not be 100% accurate but should be in the realm of its heat output COP @ 44*f outdoor air temps

I'm not sure of that but it sounds reasonable

Edit

I read the last statement wrong " The system COP will follow outdoor air temperature minus exhaust air temperature "

That throws a loop into my theory I thought I would measure outdoor air as the inlet and Btu heat as the outlet temperature

its sounding like a reverse COP math
I should be able to figure out Btu gain at 44* (or there about) with this system like with a mini split.

New math plan

I'll keep it simple and follow what was wrote above in the highlighted area

Lets say its 7*c outside and the vent blows out 2*c , divided is 3.5 COP

I'll try it again with more numbers

12*c divided by outlet temp of 2*c = COP of 6

Might be onto something I will have to take real numbers when its running and see what those are

That math my well be totally wrong Im far from a HVAC guy

Edit I need to convert it to Kelvin first

12*c to K = 285
7 to K= 280
2 to K= 275

COP @ 12*c outside and 2* from cold outlet = 12 - 2 = 10 COP

7 - 2= 5 COP

I'll try that with real numbers when I have them and do more research in the meanwhile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ecomodded; 09-26-17 at 04:25 PM..
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote