View Single Post
Old 03-24-18, 12:37 PM   #8
Tpm
Lurking Renovator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Ok, so unicorns exist. You're moving your solar heat back and forth between heat exchangers and States of matter for free. Your sustained energy savings is attainable at low cost. Have at it big bang scientist. Don't forget to send lots of pics and test figures.

Thanks for looking, ecorenovators. I'll take the absence of credible criticism as support in some measure for a $200 gamble. Sorry if I sounded peevish.

The best I can find on the frequency question is advice by expats, to people who are heading overseas, to leave their US refrigeration equipment behind. 'Nuff said. On the US front, ATW heat pumps are godawful expensive compared to the rest of the world, and one would hesitate to void the warranty right out of the box. (Attn, jeff5may: A legitimate knock on my scheme!)

Happily, I found a guy on line who hacked a Daikin mini split outside unit to a water heater tank and flatplate collector cum radiator. A two-ton no-name mini costs as little as $900 with a surplus indoor head to sell. The price is right even though this hack probably won't get to the 140-degree storage I need for overnight in the dead of winter. It can handle radiant floors directly, which work just fine with 90-degree water.

I hope I haven't worn out my welcome. This is terra incognita for me.
Tpm is offline   Reply With Quote