View Single Post
Old 03-09-16, 03:08 PM   #15
SDMCF
Apprentice EcoRenovator

You are correct that the CFM of the fans is important information but unfortunately I see no easy way to determine that. Any ideas?

My test room had an area of about 25 sq m (270 sq ft).

You are also correct that 2 fans (in series) seems to be no better than just one. I suspect that may depend on the fan design though. The fans I used seem to be better at pulling air than pushing it; maybe if one of the fans was good at pushing air I might get better results - if such fans exist.

I'm not sure what I would gain by knowing the RPMs of the fans, but I could measure that. The fans I am using are PC case fans and they have a tachometer output feed so it would not be rocket science to log RPM when I log temperature. (RPM Should be constant I guess but that is as yet unconfirmed). If I got that RPM data, how might I make use of it?

With your higher ceilings I would expect the potential payback to be greater. I do understand that running the fans might subjectively feel as if it has a cooling effect even though objectively this cannot be the case. Running the fan whilst the room is not occupied would surely better than not running it at all.
SDMCF is offline   Reply With Quote