View Single Post
Old 03-11-13, 06:29 PM   #28
Drake
DIY Guy

Thank you for all the info, you are not boring me. To try and clarify my beginning question(and I think you answered it) you use the floor loops that you heat with to ALSO redistribute heat around floor. I favor the KISS method when ever I can and it is easy for me to understand heating low temp water for a high mass floor and circulate it much of the time for an even space temp. This method though can not easily take advantage of any high temp water heat storage(off-peak elec, solar, wood heated etc.) without getting complicated(and lag time from high mass also adds complexity). In a very low heat demand living space the simpler on demand method may be a better choice and put money into PV panels on the roof and store elec in the grid. I will have a large optimal pitch south facing roof just for that and we will be grid tied. We are also at the head of a windy valley so some small scale wind generation is also being planned. I am familiar with the operation of indoor therm controls but these outdoor ones being spoken of are they primarily for radiant floors? If I googled them could I find info on how the work? I'm not trying to build a zero net home, just a very conserving one.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote