View Single Post
Old 11-23-11, 09:12 AM   #3
MaryS
Lurking Renovator

AC Hacker, thanks for your reply. I stayed up very, very late (like 'till early) looking at specs for different mini splits and working out a plan (or two) for how I might heat/cool the house. I hate staying up that late because then the next day (like now) I'm really beat. But sometimes, that's the seems the only way to ramp myself up and get somewhere in the problem solving. So, anyway, I've got a 1.5 ton (no pun intended) of stuff to do today and will post back with my plan to see if anyone wants to comment, or if it has holes in it so big you could drive a truck through, or anything like that.

Thanks for the kudos on the Manual J, but just so you know, I hired it out, I didn't do it myself.

We're in agreement on the importance of the HSPF and I like the Fujitsu too, for its efficiency. I had been thinking multiple heads ... but after reading your post and looking over the specs - I also agree with you that there seems a lot of merit in multiple outdoor (very efficient) single head units. I'm working out some cost compares too.

I've checked into the winter average temps, but need more time looking on that to get a feel for lowest temps, and how frequent.

All in all, I'm feeling a good bit better about being able to decide and move forward than when I made my original post. Thanks so much, and... I'll be back (said in my best Arnold S. voice).

MaryS
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote