View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 05:04 PM   #465
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

PB,
It got attacked because big oil is scared to death of it. Here's the thing, a giant like GM can stand up to oil money.
I'm getting more and more people asking me about PV.
I was just at my local rural garage getting my old truck inspected (just missed driving a Volt, darn!) and they constantly talk about my minus several hundred dollar electric bill.
I always get the person who believes the negative hype about alternatives but they don't last long. When I told one woman that the sun shinning on the earth for one hour produces all the energy the planet uses in a year she came back with," Where did you get that info some pro solar panel site?" in a negative voice. I said, "How about the DOE!",. She crawled into her car and drove away!

Next is the payback time question but how do you argue with someone who made a thousand dollars installing a 6.44Kw PV system?

The good thing is that people are starting to change and I'm being asked more and more about PV. I think one of the reasons we're seeing such low fuel prices is that big oil is trying to starve out alternative, good luck with that!

It's so neat that you're driving on the sun, if I did more than 5 or 6k miles a year I'd own a Volt in a heartbeat, I think it's the best option out there.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote