View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 11:34 AM   #464
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Yes I agree with you this car could be a game changer. We really like our and any EV combined with solar power is such a win. The new one is better is so many ways.

We have 42,637 solar powered EV miles and it is just amazing that you can capture the sun energy and drive your car that many miles in a little over two years.

I really think it beats everything out there except Tesla. It beats Tesla in price and range but not fastness and EV range. Tesla car is bigger but they are still so much money.

So far they seem to be winning to EV miles not going down over time. But they water cool the battery. I was not sure if the leafs air cooled simpler approach would be better. But looking at the leafs range that is left over time and a Volts range that is left the Volt is winner at this point.

I still think a Volt setup in a say Honda CRV body would be a huge hit if they can keep the price down.

The Volt got attacked so bad it is still hard for it to get past so many media lies and talk show bad PR.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote