View Single Post
Old 05-05-15, 09:03 AM   #12
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasstingy View Post
Some folks just don't get it. It's like trying to sell the idea of adding solar power to someone. They ask, what's the payback time? I say, "About ten years or less." They nix the idea because it "takes to long" to pay back.
If you DIY solar you can get payback 4-5 years. if your power company offers a rebate sometimes you can install it almost free after tax breaks.

my power company is going to offer rebates to install solar for the first time this year. They usually put stuff in their rebates like you have to use one of their listed installers or you don't get the rebate.

The give a rebate for installing efficient HVAC but they exclude Mini Splits but they still require you use their vendors and exclude DIY installs.

The last couple years I have increased my elect usage by a lot. Added EV car Added mini splits to heat with and added solar to cover it all.

people ask me about my solar all the time and I tell them it is cheaper to conserve then to install solar to cover what you are using now. Start down the conserving path now then determine how much solar you need.

They don't want to stat to conserve and most of them are never going to conserve or install solar they just like the idea of it.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote