View Single Post
Old 05-05-17, 04:10 PM   #2
igasp4air
Solarnewbie

I have been following dutch for years..I'd say he is fairly obsessed...and his obsession is creating some good knowledge...there is a strange side to him but whatever.

I live in Norcal on the cascadias...and let me tall ya...we have never gotten a pre warning of an earthquake because there is no real system in place to warn us even with dutch and his crazy earthquake watching...they do seem to have the tsunami warnings down..we waited for the one that hit when Japan quaked out and even though they told us it was coming..4 people died! heh.

quakes happen OFTEN here. Suddenly your house is shaking and boom..you're in an quake. But mostly they happen offshore and as long as it's the right fault line...we are ok. We have learned how the different faults feel when they shake so we KIND OF know when to expect a tsunami backlash. But nature is a freak.

Every few hundred years a huge one hit the coastline where we are. Last big one was 8.+ in 1700...humboldt bay was created...water went inland up the rivers for 30 miles!
Another WILL hit...Hopefully we will have moved inland by then or be dead! Alaska is going crazy right now...
If I were a betting girl and had money..I'd place bets everyday on quakes hitting here...and most of the time I'd make a profit! heh

Happy day from humboldt!
igasp4air is offline   Reply With Quote