View Single Post
Old 09-03-11, 07:43 PM   #83
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Project finished.

Today I got the batteries snugged down & wedged in place, wire connections cleaned up (taped), the mower "hood" back on, and the digital voltage gauge installed.

Ran into a slight snag with the gauge: it's hard -- OK, practically impossible -- to read an LED gauge in direct outside light! Didn't consider that when I bought it.

So I couldn't mount it directly on the mower's motor cover, like I had been planning.

The workaround for the problem: I made a deep "visor" for it, from a black plastic bottle, by cutting the bottom out and cutting the neck open enough to mount (tape) the gauge inside at that end.

Looks like this now:

Attached Images

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
Daox (09-04-11)