View Single Post
Old 07-26-11, 11:21 AM   #54
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

If you haven't laughed at this project yet -- or at the "Mower #2" development part-way through it -- you will laugh at this:

Mower #3 ...

Yesterday I picked up another, free, identical M3300 battery-electric mower (same as Mower #1). Someone had advertised it for sale online, and I contacted him to ask if he happened to have the owners manual.

"No," he said, "but the mower's been for sale for a while now and nobody wants it, so you can have it, if you like."

This one also apparently has a cooked battery, and also possibly a dead charger (preliminary inspection). The mower itself works though - jumper cables to the car battery, a la Frankenstein, and it fired right up.

This gives me the option of going with free, used "15 minute" battery packs in both mowers, but still being able to cut all the grass in 25-30 minutes, by switching mowers half-way through.

Or, I have spare parts.

Either way, I will never need another lawnmower in my life.

Unfortunately, now I need a garden shed to store them all.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote