View Single Post
Old 08-26-14, 09:21 AM   #17
Exeric
Apprentice EcoRenovator

dablack, it might work for you or it might not. I haven't finished the project yet so it's premature to claim a proof of concept for a radiant barrier heating a home. However, your situation might not be that different from mine. Most of the heating needs come in the middle of the night for both of us. It really depends on one's home being very airtight and well insulated. I think of it like capacitor filtering for an AC power supply. As long as you don't draw too much current then a smallish capacitor should be able to supply the current to the load until the next replenishment cycle. So, as long as your house can retain heat, and its in a mild climate, then one should be golden. In theory anyway. (Theory has a way of going awry when theory meets world.) I should add that the same radiant barrier used to concentrate heat will work in the usual way to cool the house in summer by reflecting heat away from the attic. So it's a 2fer for places like Texas and California which both have hot periods in summer.
Exeric is offline   Reply With Quote