View Single Post
Old 11-02-10, 06:38 PM   #23
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

The incentives that are out there right now that I have taken advantage of should save me a few hundred dollars per year, money that instead of burning I'll spend in other areas, the pay back on the improvements I've made to my house have a return on investment of 4 years or so, sure they are things that I would have done anyway but they were not planed, things like an energy audit and blower door test was not planed at all and has made my money go farther.

People that I know have gotten solar electric systems installed on their homes around here are not rich, sure they make more then my part time job pays me... at least a few of them have better jobs, but most of them live simple lives, one is a potter, another owns a business and rides his bike to work, the people that are installing these systems are doing ok, but they are not rich either, however these systems are investments that will again, allow these people to spend their money in other areas, forever, instead of spending it on fuel that is burnt.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote