View Single Post
Old 03-11-14, 11:13 PM   #4
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Hot Gas Defrost...

Yes, the paper is interesting to me, as I have a 1-Ton non-inverter mini-split ASHP that I will be incorporating into my system.

I only have the outdoor unit, and no info on the existing serial control signal scheme, which is a real problem.

I have closely followed the work of some vapor-compression hackers who are very experienced and skilled at decrypting serial communications protocols. Their lack of success has not been at all encouraging.

Acuario, in a previous post suggested abandoning the whole existing controller board, with its encrypted protocol, and building my own controller board from scratch, and then another person suggested to use as much existing circuitry and hardware as possible, and use some common microprocessor to piggy-back onto the controller board (for me that would be a Teensy) to send out control signals through the existing opto-isolators & to the existing SCRs, etc.

Initially, I was planning on removing the reversing valve for simplicity, but then I realized that I could use it for defrost cycles.

So this paper came at a very relevant moment, and it seems to suggest optimization parameters that could be incorporated into program statements..

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 03-11-14 at 11:15 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote