View Single Post
Old 07-03-14, 01:20 AM   #12
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

I spent a bit of time looking for similar projects.

I didn't see any that had reached fruition, but there's a trail of interesting ideas along the way.

Plenty of attempts to control minisplits via LED siginals...

This link is called a Tinker's Rambling, but unfortunately the tinker may have rambled into the deep gloomy forest where he sank into quick sand.

Thus link, Home Heating Monitor, has a few pics (horrible focus) of attempts at monitoring an oil heating system.

Here's one called Monitoring of My Heat Pump that has monitoring, but no control.

Here is a , that uses an Arduino to control an apartment heat pump that is not his own property. So the hacker has resorted to servos to make changes rather than directly hacking in and seizing control of the 'electrics' of the machine.

So, I have not found a project that is quite like what we are proposing here. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, I'm just saying that I couldn't find one.

I searched in sufficient detail that I was coming across EcoRenovator discussions on the need for such a thing.

So, there is the possibility that we are out here, pretty much on our own, and nobody is going to do it for us...

BTW, I just did a search for "relay board shield" and found that there are quite a few shields that will plug right into an Arduino...

What do you think about this?

RELAY SHIELD

-AC