View Single Post
Old 01-18-09, 06:40 PM   #6
jwxr7
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I haven't noticed any vertical style blades when I've looked. You could always go with 55 gallon drums or 5 gallon pails on a smaller scale. These will be a mostly drag style design with good torque but low power..

I don't know what the deal is with the place on ebay listing the powermax 105 blades. One set sold and I was watching another set. I asked them for a rotor efficiency curve vs TSR and they came back to suggest I set-up my turbine for 350 rpms. This wasn't exactly what I needed, so I asked them again if they had the curve. Next time I checked the messages, they said the blade is no longer available. I checked the auction and it appears they changed the listing mid auction or something, now the price is tripled on all the 105 blades they are listing .

Kind of wierd and frustrating. I need that curve to see if that blade will work well at a fixed speed. The design I want to use has an asychronous grid tied generator which has a fairly fixed speed.

Good news though, my boss donated a 3 phase 1.5hp 4 pole motor to try as my generator .
jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote