Thread: My Intro
View Single Post
Old 09-01-13, 12:40 AM   #32
jeff88
Lots of questions

Got it! I bet the Sunroom gets nice and toasty during the Summer!? Have you done anything with that room since you moved in? The original pics only shows a few plants, so I was just wondering if you've done anything there (even if it is non-eco ) I can definitely see some things you could do for passive heating and lighting (although it would include taking out walls ).

Do you have an attic? I can't remember if you mentioned that in another thread or not.

You can certainly tell this is an old house, based on the size of the rooms. You can definitely tell the priorities of older generations. Larger Kitchen, larger Sunroom, decent size Livingroom and smaller Bedrooms and Bathrooms. We always think about older generations being inferior or backwards, but we forget that maybe they had it right (at least in this case).

You should get a vertical turbine and turn it horizontal. That way when it snows, you can take advantage of gravity and offset your heating a little!

BTW, the reason I resurrected this thread is because oddly when I checked the 'Recent Posts' on my phone, the most recent posts were from 3 months ago, including this one. When I switched to my computer to write my reply, it was back to actual recent posts from the last day. This happened before, but I didn't think anything of it. Don't know if it's a glitch in the forum or my phone. Hmmm...

Last edited by jeff88; 09-01-13 at 12:42 AM..
jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote