View Single Post
Old 03-20-16, 04:36 AM   #12
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I hit up a few rummage sales last week, and while doing that, I found a place giving away some free stuff. Amongst the pile, I found this:

My questions are basically these: Does R134 go bad? Can I hook this up to a heat pump and use it? It still has the plastic on the valve top, but its obviously old. It says 30 lbs on it, but it does not feel like 30 lbs. Any idea what is this worth if I would try to sell it?

I do have one project I can use it on. I have a friends car that I'm repairing the A/C on. I started it last year, but it was in fall and we put it off until this spring. I'll end up replacing the high pressure side hose and adding more refrigerant. However, I think I'll have a ton left over. I also have a bunch of new 12oz cans to do this job. Details here:

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/geothe...-line-car.html
It does not go bad .

Most residential heat pumps use R22 for older units and R410a for newer units . If so , do not try to use R134a .

Yes , you can use it on newer cars that came with R134a systems . You can retrofit older R12 automotive systems with R134a , but that is another discussion .

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote