View Single Post
Old 04-04-18, 04:38 AM   #543
LF-X
Lurking Renovator

Just registered here. This thread is awesome and the best DIY discussion on the internet I found so far.

I'm currently building a HRV unit myself. Will be installed in a 112mē house.
Dual-Cross-Flow-HX cores that I got from eBay (Heatex). One Aluminium core, one Cellulose (Paper?) core in series.

Controlling fans and reading temp and humidity with an ESP8266 NodeMCU.
Can control that from my home automation and send values to thingspeak for visualisation and logging. Using some MosFETs now as power transistors didn't work out. They needed too much current to drive and got warm.

Main purpose of the system is to get good air in the sleeping rooms, and pump out wet or stinky air from bathrooms.

Using DHT22 sensors that I balanced yesterday to show similar values.
MosFETS are IRFZ44N that seem to work with 3.3V Gate Voltage.

Fans are Scythe Ultra Kaze: 133CFM, 3000RPM, 45,90dBA, 80 Pa, 12V, 0.6A.
Using them in a Push-Pull Setup per Channel to have more Pressure. Had the impression that Airflow dropped too much with only one fan per channel. Those are more or less the most powerfull 12cm fans I could find (before started too investigate on non-PC/industrial fans).
Will try out how much airflow I can get from those or if I have to replace them with something with more static pressure.

Currently finishing cabling before I will start drilling holes in the ceiling for 2 test vents.
LF-X is offline   Reply With Quote