View Single Post
Old 03-29-15, 09:52 AM   #10
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
...and not asking for a lecture on marketing strategies or bullet point instructions of what I should do with what you may feel has no worth to you.
OK, I may have spoken out of turn. I made a mistake by thinking that even though you have access to a computer, you were too lacking in motivation to do your own research on a worthless telemarketed product, and you somehow expected other people to become mentally engaged and do your research for you (Consumer Report).

Since this is a forum that is meant for the discussion of renovations and modifications that could substantially reduce out collective burden on the earth (and save us money in the meantime), and since innovation is highly prized here...

Maybe there are other uses that your slow/pressure cooker could be put to, since you don't want to throw it away...

* Maybe it could be useful for restoring out-of-date-paint. I actually have this problem, and I have too many gallons of paint in the cellar. I have no actual reason to believe that this would work, but maybe if you poured your paint into the cooker, and applied some heat to it for 4-to-8 hours, it could re-vitalize your old paint.

* Maybe it could be used as a reptile display appliance. This could be really useful. You wouldn't want to actually cook your reptiles, though that could be another use. You'd want to use a Pulse Width Modulated temperature controller to maintain the critical temperature. I have bought PWM controllers from China, and they work extremely well, even though their price is very low. You'd be able to keep your lizards at a healty and happy temperature of +/- half degree. Very stable.

* Here's on that just came to me... Frozen and rusted parts can be a real problem, so maybe you could put the frozen/rusted parts in the slow-cooker and fill it up with WD-40, and let her cook for 5 or 6 hours. Even with the locking lid, you'd be best advised to leave the cooker out in the garage, as the fumes could be had for your health.

* A fern planter I actually feel a little guilty because this is so obvious. Cutting the cord would be important here.

Well, that's all I can think of now. Other creative uses may occur to me later.

Best,

-AC