View Single Post
Old 03-28-15, 07:33 AM   #8
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Like Trash Washing Up On The Ocean Shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm not endorsing any infomercial products and I will have to look closer at the slow cookers I have been seeing with latch sealed covers. But single unit induction cookers are a infomercial mainstay and have brought them to the attention of many even if their marketing or overall quality is questioned. It doesn't make their concept all bad or worthless. Maybe they just need a little DIY reengineering.

I concede stove top hi pressure cooking would be faster than a slow cooker but might low pressure(which is what sealed cover must do) cook faster than just a slow cooker is what I am wondering if anyone if experiencing if they have one with sealed cover.
In my experience, the main reason that people use slow cookers is that they are slow. It opens up new possibilities, in that you can put the ingredients for a stew (for instance) in a pot, turn the pot on, leave the pot unattended, go to work, and arrive home to perfectly cooked food. I have used them before, they work great.

Contrawise, the main reason that people use pressure cookers is that they are fast. Using one can cut cooking time by as much as 66 percent. I have used them before, they work great.

I really do think that the concept of combining both cookers into one is, to paraphrase your words, a bad and worthless concept, for anyone who might consider wasting their money on one of these things.

For telemarketers, it is a dream product to unload on fuzzy-headed buyers who are too blitzed out and mentally weakened by their state of tele-hypnosis to think clearly.

Since the name of this thread is "Appliances and Gadgets", I think that you have bought what you thought could be an appliance, but turned out to be a gadget of little value.

I see this kind of worthless stuff washing into thrift stores all over town, like trash washing up to defile the ocean shore. I don't even watch any television that has any kind of commercials, and when I go into a thrift store, even I can differentiate the telemarket products from useful appliances that were cleverly invented to solve real problems.

Regarding appropriate DIY action...
  1. Grasp the telemarket product with the right hand
  2. Walk outside to a trash can
  3. Use the left hand to open the lid of the trash can
  4. Use the right hand to position the telemarket product over the open trash can
  5. Release the telemarket product
  6. Replace the lid of the trash can
  7. Walk back inside, knowing that you have made the world a better place
Sincerely,

-AC
stevehull (03-28-15)