View Single Post
Old 09-25-10, 04:54 PM   #200
Daox
Administrator

I just ordered the pulleys for the motor. I'm still not sure if I can get away without an extension on the shaft or not, but I need the pulleys anyway. I'm hoping I can just modify the pulleys to make them fit. The stock Simplicity pulley didn't have a hub on the end. The setscrew just went between the V in the pulley. If I do this to both pulleys I can fit them both entirely on the shaft with about 1/16" to spare.

I also took my motor over to a friends house. This friend works for a spring and brush manufacturer. They are currently working with this motor to develop better brushes and springs to extend their life. He got me a free set of springs that he said will double my brush life. They haven't found a better brush for it, but when they have I'll probably pickup a set of those too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote