Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 10-19-20, 10:18 AM   #101
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

A reduction in the output of CO2 is not the same thing as a reduction in atmospheric CO2. So while yes COVID created a temporary drop in output it did not create enough of a drop to actually reduce atmospheric CO2.
The incredibly high CO2 levels we are seeing now (416 last time I dared look) are 66 ppm over the 350 mark scientists were originally worried about. And its happened in my lifetime. 350 being surpassed in 1999. Note that CO2 was 335 in 1975 and it was thought that 350 would be hit sometime between 2050 and 2100.
We are in a very difficult place. As record fire storms, record hurricanes, record droughts, coral bleaching etc are all indicating.
Luckily some of us are working to reduce co2 production. Regenerate soils to sequester or store carbon. And generally build and support a regeneration of our biosphere.
If a journey of a thousand steps starts with one: then let the work here be the first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote