View Single Post
Old 01-31-17, 09:59 AM   #12
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
They have a feature to be able to block known scammers. I enabled this and have not received one sales or scammer call since. This is a great feature.

Ditto Ooma.

But it is interesting that you bring this up, because my motive for going with IP phone was not cost (which was too high) but the incessant sales/scam calls which were making me miserable. I was getting maybe six call / day.

I even complained to my state communication board and discovered that they were powerless to do anything about it.

More ominous was the phone company, itself. They would track numbers for a per-call charge. Even they said it probably wouldn't help because the numbers were spoofed.

BUT THEY HAD A SERVICE WHICH COST ALMOST AS MUCH AS MY PHONE SERVICE THAT WOULD ELIMINATE THESE ANNOYING CALLS.

Around this time, I read that the phone company sells user information. So they were working it from both ends, selling user phone numbers to sales/scam callers, AND charging customers to make it stop.

Since the telecom companies make huge contributions to politicians, and our country is corrupt beyond measure, we are left to wave in the wind.

Then came smaller VOIP companies. Like Ooma, and the others... less cost, less agony.

We have many options:

http://www.voipsupply.com/voip-adapters

-AC