View Single Post
Old 01-16-09, 12:55 PM   #26
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
too bad you are not nearby, I have many semi-operational batteries around here.
Thanks! But... I just got one:

Man, I love this town. So friendly.

Second garage I went to had a pile of batteries in the corner. The owner was happy to let me pick one out (quick voltmeter auditions) after I told him what I was doing. He seemed interested.

Found one that read 12.3v, and figured that'd likely do. He said it probably just needs charging, and that people occasionally came in and insisted on a new battery, even though they didn't really need one. He even insisted on putting it on his load/capacity tester before I left. (It rated around the "50%" mark, but it's only 50% charged, so I don't know how that affects the test).

And it's less than 2 years old! Probably in better shape than my car's battery.

I paid him the scrap value ($10), which he said he'd give back if/when I return it.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote