View Single Post
Old 10-03-15, 08:15 AM   #3
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I think the most reliable systems come from the bigger manufacturers like Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, and Daikin. These are also some of the most efficient units as well. Usually the cheaper units such as the GREE, Shinco, Madea, Aircon, YMGI, Comfortstar, etc aren't as reliable or efficient but come at a lower cost. Some of the lower cost units don't produce heat as well in areas that drop below the 17 degree F temperature range in colder climates. I think it is a big disservice for someone to get anything that doesn't have an inverter because nearly all of these units are 13 SEER, have a low HSPF and depending on sizing will likely need to cycle on and off often.

I personally go through the AHRI Directory ahridirectory.org site. They have a section for variable speed mini-splits that allows you to find which ones have the highest HSPF and SEER ratings. Some of the most efficient units made by the bigger manufacturers are roughly $1500 +/- $500. My opinion, it's worth the extra cost over a no-name China clone for the extra efficiency and reliability. ..not saying someone wouldn't be happy with a less efficient model but for the effort of installing one I think getting one of the best is worth it.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MN Renovator For This Useful Post:
stevehull (10-03-15)