View Single Post
Old 11-04-13, 01:44 PM   #50
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may
Default multiple mini-splits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
We really like the new MS. I just ordered a LG dual zone for the living room, kitchen/ breakfast nook.
LG 21,000 BTU 21 SEER Ductless Dual Zone Heat Pump System 9,000+12,000
https://www.acwholesalers.com/LG/LMU...8:21.00:5206:9 + 12

The 9,000 btu unit will go in the kitchen/ breakfast nook and the 12,000 btu unit will go in the living room.
The other units I was looking at were under sized for the area I wanted to heat/cool. This unit is not as high seer as the one I was looking at but it should do a better job.
Be careful you don't add too much heating or cooling for your home! With these three zones, you will have over 2 tons of heating and cooling (at high efficiency) at your disposal. This may not sound like a whole lot, but it is enough to heat and cool a decent sized house if done correctly.

The idea here is to make these high-efficiency units work like dogs to save you energy and money. If you can satisfy 80-90% of your heating and cooling needs with only 2 tons of mini-splits (maybe less on average with inverter units), they will level your utility bill.

Let your old central system turn on for that crispy, windy week in January. That way, the furnace won't rust to death. And the central air conditioner can do its part on the 4th of July, when it's 105 degrees and 105 percent humidity for a week. When you have a party, just set the whole house thermostat to whatever for the day (or just turn on the blower to level out the temperature of the whole home for next to nothing) to keep all the guests comfortable.

Last edited by jeff5may; 11-04-13 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: words
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
CudaNet (11-04-13)