View Single Post
Old 09-24-13, 06:39 PM   #6
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default The Hard work has begun

I was a beautiful day here in Ontario. In fact the last couple have been. We have begun the task of replacing the shop windows with new narrow windows. This will increase the number of copper risers I can install for the width of the south wall. All the steel siding was installed with screws so its made it a non issue to remove. The bottom of the 2 x 6 studs have been drilled to make way for the 1" copper pipe. This will supply the lower manifold with the propylene glycol mix to then rise through the copper finned risers and gather all that free heat to keep the shop warm.

I had built the shop in 1987. I was 27 yrs. old Wow has time flown. The original windows were purchased in a lumber yard sale. Got them cheap. They are wood framed sliders. Not a great performer but did the job for a nice well lit shop.

By the end of this week should have the windows in and sealed up from the weather. More importantly the rough in for the Solar hot water. After which let the soldering begin on all those riser-tubes. (about 80 pcs.)

Randen

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 10-23-13 at 09:13 AM..
randen is offline   Reply With Quote